Friday, May 24, 2013

Dantes Inferno

My latest poem - Dante's Inferno


Dante's inferno was written for me,
The inner circle of hell,
My heaven to be.
A 14th century sage,
He foresaw my life,
The outer rings,
Just a blessing in disguise.
A pain of living so hellish,
A choice I believe.
Between one of slow death,
And madness for me.
Sweating cold on a bed,
Nails pinned through my chest.
Green seeping holes,
Gouged deep in my legs.
A thousand scars for life,
Each one a story to me,
A reminder of pain,
Then bliss beyond belief.
I lie in my grave and stare at the sky,
Grave diggers above,
Piling mud from a high.
A sinking feeling is one,
Only I can receive,
For a life of pain,
No-one else can believe.
As Dante foretold 7 centuries ago,
My life in an inferno waiting to blow.
By Doubledipped - 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment